About The Future Project
In 2011, a passionate team of dreamers and builders came together around a big but simple vision: to make it possible for every person on the planet—starting with young people—to discover their power and learn to build a better future for all. Together we designed an innovative, research-based service for schools, centered on a new role in society: the Dream Director; delivered that service to more than 35,000 students across eight states from coast to coast; recruited a diverse national team and community; and built what has become one of the fastest-growing non-profit (or, as we like to say, for-people) organizations in the country.
Over the next several years, fueled by the lessons of our first phase and in response to tremendous demand—and urgent needs we see in the world—we will aim to open our community to the world. We will release new, more accessible programs and service offerings, further build our science and evidence base, host major flagship events, and grow our global network of young people, advisors, supporters, and more.
At this exciting moment of growth and change, it is more important to us than ever to protect the quality, humility, and magic that The Future Project strives to embody. We are looking for talented new team members to help us do just that.
The Copywriter will work closely with the Director, Communications and VP, Movement to craft compelling, effective, copy and content to share across marketing collateral and digital platforms. They will embody the voice of The Future Project, ensuring that all of our internal and external communications are aligned with the organization’s brand and mission. The Copywriter will be expected to deliver, on deadline, powerful pieces of writing, both long and short-form, that can grow our audience of supporters and engage our existing community.
- Write brand aligned and relevant copy for various marketing assets including newsletters, website, pitch decks, one-pagers, print collateral, press releases, leadership remarks, internal comms and more.
- Write short pointed copy for daily social media posts across platforms; collaborate with marketing team to A/B test copy and messaging, analyze data, and iterate content.
- Optimize digital content leveraging keywords, current events, and core messaging for SEO
- Craft audience specific copy for maximum impact across our audience segments
- Interview team members, alumni, students, and community members for community spotlight pieces and blog posts
- Copyedit select internal and external documents across business functions
- Collaborate with marketing team on editorial calendar and execute against deadlines
- Contribute creative content ideas in marketing team brainstorms
- Represent The Future Project’s brand voice and build consistency across all collateral and platforms
- Collaborate with Director, Communications to train team on brand voice and communications guidelines
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional writing experience, including at least 2 years of writing for creative agency or news publication
- Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills
- Strong understanding of brand marketing
- A proven ability to guide copy and concept direction and communicate a creative vision across mediums
- In depth knowledge of social media and digital marketing platforms
- Highly organized, self-motivated, proactive and positive
- Experience working with or for a mission-driven organization/client; preferred experience working with and telling the stories of young people
- Ability to set priorities while handling multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly across functions, with diverse stakeholders
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for digital media and content production
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred, but not required
- Positive team player
- Principled with high ethical standards, professionalism, and integrity
- Thrives in a “start-up” environment while exercising and implementing standard professional processes and systems
- Ability to work autonomously, set direction, seek out answers, and produce results with minimal guidance
- Obsessed with the latest digital trends
- Strong commitment to The Future Project’s mission