About The Future Project
In 2011, a passionate team of dreamers and builders came together around a big but simple vision: to make it possible for every person on the planet—starting with young people—to discover their power and learn to build a better future for all. Together we designed an innovative, research-based service for schools, centered on a new role in society: the Dream Director; delivered that service to more than 35,000 students across eight states from coast to coast; recruited a diverse national team and community; and built what has become one of the fastest-growing non-profit (or, as we like to say, for-people) organizations in the country.
Over the next several years, fueled by the lessons of our first phase and in response to tremendous demand—and urgent needs we see in the world—we will aim to open our community to the world. We will release new, more accessible programs and service offerings, further build our science and evidence base, host major flagship events, and grow our global network of young people, advisors, supporters, and more.
At this exciting moment of growth and change, it is more important to us than ever to protect the quality, humility, and magic that The Future Project strives to embody. We are looking for talented new team members to help us do just that.
The Future Project is in the process of launching several new product offerings to reach more young people and equip them to build a better future. In addition to new in-person programs, we want to create a digital home for our community for young people around the globe to gain access to the content, each other, and more. We are seeing a Product Manager to help us launch this project and bring this product to life.
As Product Manager, you will steward the process of bringing our online community product to market. Part strategist, part designer, part manager, you will work to conceptualize, build, test, and launch this product that is so integral to The Future Project’s long term strategy. Also, you will be responsible for gathering, understanding, and documenting user needs related to the product and developing and maintaining backlogs of features for continuous improvement.
To support you in this endeavor, you will report to the VP, Invention and collaborate closely with TFP’s marketing and communication team, and other business partners. The work you do will be central to how The Future Project achieves its powerful and bold mission to ensure all young people can thrive and build a better future for all.
Product Strategy & Implementation
- Define the product vision, and work closely with the Invention and Marketing Team to ensure goals are achieved
- Responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including: identifying user needs and goals and prioritizing product and customer requirements accordingly
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples and understanding its potential impact on the market as a whole
- Facilitate requirement sessions with multiple stakeholders to understand intersection of user needs and business needs
- Develop the design documents, requirement analysis, testing plans, process flows, procedures, and policies required to ensure transparency and clarity in the product development process
- Research and consider off-the-shelf solutions that could fulfill our product needs and set them up to do so
Content Strategy & Development
- Determine the right technical structure of the content to maximize its potential, and ensuring that the right content is surfaced at the right time to the right user
- In collaboration with colleagues, establish a process for using data-driven insights, shifts in the market, and technology advancements to evolve the underlying content strategy, and communicate these changes to the organization
- Develop standards and best practices for creation, management, maintenance, and governance of content, overseeing both editorial and technological processes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of product development and strategy related work
- Must have proficiency using Microsoft Office/Google Docs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with data modeling and content strategy
- Maturity of judgment, high level of accuracy, and close attention to detail, when managing various projects
- Strong sense of confidentiality in order to handle sensitive information appropriately
- Organized and deadline oriented with a proven track record at delivering results preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Front end development skills strongly preferred
- Experience specifically building community-based digital platforms
- Strong analytical and business process modeling skills
- Strong user-facing with the ability to influence, advise, mediate, and control scope
- A strong understanding of the agile product development methodology
- Able to think big, generate ideas and drive solutions to complex problems in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to craft verbal and written communication to multiple stakeholders with a keen sense of relationship-building and customer service.
- Strong organization and project management skills - ability to see the big picture and to manage the small details, and to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders—optimistic, thoughtful, curious, and personable
- Able to maintain a sense of possibility in the face of obstacles, balance both short and long-term results
- Strong work ethic and commitment to high standards of excellence coupled with an enthusiastic approach to one’s work
- Energetic, hard-working, driven, enthusiastic team player
- Independent, organized, and detail-oriented self-starter
- Innovative and resourceful problem solver
- Principled with high ethical standards, professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work in startup environment (range of tasks, ambiguity, flexibility) while still exercising and implementing standard professional processes and systems
- A strong commitment to The Future Project mission and values